Thursday, June 07, 2007

The Price of Not Updating Your Blog

First of all, I want to thank DailyIPTV for being named one of their top 40 IPTV Movers and Shakers! I'm in the rarified company of the guys who do "Ask a Ninja"--for that alone, I can die happy. However, since I haven't updated this blog in months, I need to make one correction. I left Safari Books Online and the wilds of Sebastopol last January, when I moved back to Silicon Valley to become the Director of IPTV Analysis for Multimedia Research Group. My cat loved Sebastopol; he had the run of a 7 1/2 acre apple orchard that we lived on. However, I was simply way too isolated in Sonoma County, where a late-night restuarant is one that stays open until 9 p.m. Also, I suffered from Fry's withdrawl. But that's another story.

So, with that correction, I'm going to try (really, really try) to update this blog on a regular basis again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Len,

Silicon Valley is a better place with you in town.

Interesting comment about Fry's. When I was director of semiconductor research at DataQuest, I used the street price of DRAMs at Fry's as a forecasting tool of sorts.

Oddly enough, Fry's was a leading indicator of DRAM prices, even when bought in small quantities. Prices at Fry's seemed to move downward ahead of the price movement at the big OEMs. Go figure.

John Bradley Jackson
Author of First, Best, or Different
www.firstbestordifferent.com