Monday, October 08, 2007

The Three Opportunities in Internet Video

I'm taking a few days' break after months of 1) Finishing my report on Internet Video for MRG, 2) Inteviewing dozens of industry executives at IBC, 3) Meeting with IPTV service providers in France, and 4) Completing the fall Market Leaders Report for MRG. During my break, I want to catch you up on some of the industry trends that I've seen.

While I was writing "Internet Video for IPTV Service Providers," I came across three opportunities that are being addressed, but could be addressed far better. Whoever succeeds in solving these problems will be in a position to make a lot of money, through revenues and/or an acquisition. So, here are my "Big Three":

  1. Monetization (a big word for advertising)
  2. Video Search & Discovery
  3. Editing

I'll use the next three entries to discuss each of these opportunities in detail.

No comments: