- Android increased its market share to 50.9%, from 50.1% in the three months ending in February 2012.
- iOS increased its market share to 31.9% from 30.2% in the previous three months.
- Windows Phone 7's market share increased to 4% from 3.9% in the previous three months. (It remains to be seen whether Microsoft's market share will continue to grow, now that consumers have learned that no existing Windows Phone devices will be able to run the forthcoming Windows Phone 8 operating system.)
- BlackBerry's market share declined to 11.4% from 13.4%.
- Symbian's market share declined to 1.1% from 1.5%.
Tuesday, July 03, 2012
ComScore has released its MobiLens report on U.S. smartphone market share, for the three months ending May 2012. Here's a summary: