- The next-generation Kindle Fire will be announced either at the end of this month or in early August.
- It'll still be priced at $199, will have a metal chassis instead of plastic, and the display will come from LG Displays and Panasonic.
- The screen will be higher resolution than the current model.
- It may have a camera, which the current model lacks, but the translation that discusses this feature is very confusing.
- Quanta, which builds the current model and will also build the new one, has received an initial order for two million units.
- Heavy shipments of components for the new model started in June.
Thursday, July 05, 2012
The China Times has some details about the rumored next-generation Kindle Fire: